- Q. What country were you staying in?
- Q. What university were you attending/doing research at?
University of Bielefeld
- Q. How long were you there?
- Q. What sort of research were you doing?
- Q. Did being abroad influence the kind of research you’re doing?
did start to enjoy doing pulsar research and am now considering
continuing in this field
- Q. What’s the coolest thing about being abroad?
The food and culture
- Q. What’s your favorite new phrase from the language?
- Q. What’s the hardest thing about being abroad?
Being away from home and not being able to conduct important
business (i.e. apply for new student loans, financial aid, and
other business) very easily
- Q. What did you do in your free time?
Went to museums, visited a concentration camp, visited Berlin,
- Q. What’s the coolest thing you’ve seen or done while abroad?
got to see artifacts from over a thousand years ago at the Museums
in Berlin and also, I attended a Medieval festival at a real castle
- Q. What advice would you offer others going abroad?
Take advantage of all the things the city/country has to offer.
Dive deep into the cultural experience. I would also suggest
starting a blog
- Q. What skills have you learned abroad?
have learned how to use Tempo2 much better and about timing pulsars
- Q. Is there anything you’d do differently or anything you wish you’d
would have taken more trips to other cities had I had more money